Motion-preserving Spine Surgery in Germany
helping patients from all countries
The Disc Replacement & Facet Replacement Specialists
Many spinal surgeons continue to recommend the surgical removal of damaged intervertebral discs and the fusing of adjacent vertebrae (spinal fusion). While spinal fusion has been the gold standard for many decades, the irreversible fusion procedure can lead to a permanent range-of-motion loss and an increased risk of degeneration in the neighbouring spinal joints.
If you are not happy with your current surgical recommendation for spine surgery, SkyGen can remotely co-ordinate a second opinion with our German spine centre, where over 500 patients from the USA & Canada have travelled in recent years for motion-preserving Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR) and Facet Replacement surgery. These senior neurosurgeons are experts at complicated and multi-level cases and offer the advanced solutions for patients with:
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Disc Bulging/Herniation
- Spinal Stenosis
- Local & Referred Nerve Pain
- Facet Joint Arthritis and more...
As well as being highly experienced in ADR surgery using the latest Implants to replicate full natural movement, the German Spine Specialists also perform TOPS Total Lumbar Facet Replacement surgery. This motion-preserving solution is also superior to a traditional spinal fusion and can be used in cased of spinal stenosis or spondylolisthesis where ADR is not suitable. After 15 years and thousands of implants, our spine surgeons are highly experienced in these motion-preserving surgeries, along with traditional surgeries like minimally invasive spine fusion via anterior and posterior approach. You can rest assured our German Spine Specialists will recommend the best surgery for your case according to their skill and expertise.
16 Day Spinal Surgery Packages:
- Premium Hospital/Hotel Transfers
- State-of-the-Art Implant Technology
- World-leading Spinal Surgeons
- Highly Experienced Assistive Vascular Surgeons
- Fluoroscopic Guidance for Precise Implant Positioning
- Neurology Diagnostics Performed In-house
- Hospital Stay in Private Room (7 days post-op)
- All Post-operative Physical Therapy In-House
- Rehabilitation at Europe's Largest Rehab Centre (7 days)
- 5 Star Accommodation for 2 at The Marriott (w/ All Meals)
Set packages payable directly to Germany:
1 Level: €29,000 EURO
2 Levels: €33,000 EURO
3 Levels: €37,000 EURO
Or $185 per week on MediCredit payment plan*(Prices can vary and final package price is provided after evaluation of your case. All payments payable directly to the Surgeons & Hospitals in Germany) *For information on MediCredit payment plans click here.
State-of-the-Art Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR) Technologies
The spinal surgeons at the ONZ are highly experienced Artificial Disc Replacement (ADR) surgeons implementing the most advanced disc technologies available today. These spine surgeons are experienced in performing ADRs at 1, 2, 3 and 4 levels. As an example of this experience, Dr. Bierstedt annually conducts 350-400 spinal surgeries and Dr. Illerhaus performs over 400 spine interventions annually. Dr. Bierstedt and Dr. Illerhaus are respected as senior surgeons who have contributed to the development of multiple motion-preserving spinal implants around the world.
"A fusion is an irreversible interference of the biomechanics of the spine. Who would accept a fusion of the knee or hip joint in the case of osteoarthritis?”
Watch the German spinal surgeon Dr Thomas Bierstedt discuss motion-preserving spinal surgery
Dr. Thomas Bierstedt is a specialist in neurosurgery and an expert for the conservative and surgical treatment of degenerative and traumatic spinal disorders.
Dr. Bierstedt conducts 350–400 spinal surgeries of all degrees of difficulty. Approximately, 50 % of these surgeries motion-preserving interventions i.e. artificial disc replacement.
He is also an adviser in the development of different implants and instruments for the medical technology companies LDR, Premia Spine and Signus.
Additionally, Dr. Bierstedt educates and trains new surgeons for various surgical procedures.
Why Patients choose SkyGen: We Back You!
- Receive and compare multiple opinions from our international spine experts
- We remove the guesswork when it comes to receiving spine treatment overseas
- We help guide you through the process, every step of the way
- Enjoy our Private Medical Travel Concierge service for spine patients
- Lowest prices guaranteed for inclusive packages paid directly to hospitals and surgeons
- Member of Asia-Pacific's Largest Medical Travel Group assisting over 2,000 patients every year